Le club de français vente mensuelle: “La crêperie”

A little about the French Club!

You might wonder what the point of the French Club is if there is already a French class. Well, the French Club isn’t like your average class; it’s an immersion into the language with other members who share your desire to improve your French and share a taste of French culture with the rest of campus. Over the years, the French club has played host to numerous high-profile affairs, including la Soirée Français. For myself, Paola Soler, the group’s social media manager this year, and Samantha Delgado, treasurer, the club is a great way to unwind and meet new people who share the same interests. 

On September 14, 2023, the French Club hosted their annual “Crêperie” and “Crêpe Atelier,” teaching the basics of “crêpe” making in French. The French Club council and advisor worked together to make a fun and creative activity teaching the Baldwin community how to make perfect crêpes. This activity was executed through an organized and fun approach, as students were split into groups and specific tables, allowing them each to participate in several steps of the cooking process. The council started by explaining the cooking materials that would be used and the specific ingredients necessary in order to have the perfect consistency.

According to the “Crêpe Atelier,” the crêpe’s batter must have a thin consistency. Once the batter was made, students learned how to create perfectly shaped crêpes, these being strictly circular. Students laughed together and made mistakes, until they were able to get the hang of the pan movements. At last, the hard part was soon over, and the French club members were able to make progress and produce more crêpes. Afterward, each student indulged in a delicious and rewarding adventure, adding their own flavorful twists to their crêpes. Once the eating was over, the club members got to work, making sure to make as much crêpe batter as possible in order to prepare for the “Crêperie Sale” hosted near the Tiendita. This year’s “Crêperie” was filled with joy and success as eager students lined up for their customized sweet crêpes. This “Crêpe Galore” had options ranging from Nutella to sweet caramel, strawberries to bananas, and whipped cream to sugar powder. 

Ne manquez pas la prochaine “La crêperie”

Suivez le club sur Instagram pour les mises à jour : @leclub.bwn

Translation: Follow the club on instagram for updates: @leclub.bwn